The PMI UK Volunteering Team
Make your mark on the PMI UK Chapter and our project management profession. As a member, you can volunteer to lead, support and learn key activities which will advance your own skillset as well as contribute to the Chapter’s goals. Volunteers are encouraged to get involved with major events like International Project Management Day or by mentoring or key leadership and communication skills with our Toastmasters Club. Why not support the UK Chapter’s business operations by joining our volunteer community?
• Events - Produce world class events by becoming a member of our ‘2021 Highly Commended’ Digital Events team by organising, planning and even delivering high quality webinars
• Communications - Managing the website, producing our newsletters, and engaging in social media
• Marketing - Securing sponsorship by spreading the word about PMI and what we stand for
• Membership - Dealing with queries and membership benefits
• Mentoring Programme - Becoming a mentor or assisting with the organisation of the mentoring programme
• Professional Development - Planning and managing our Chapter classes, 2021 Summer Workshops and Public Speaking with our very own Toastmasters Club
• And much more!
Please Note: All volunteers must be current UK Chapter members. Not a Member, but would like to volunteer? Join Here!
Benefits of Volunteering
• Enhance the Project Management Profession - Reap the benefits of expanding connections and leverage career advancement opportunities, all while volunteering with PMI UK Chapter.
• Get PDU’s! - Maintain your PMI credential by earning valuable PDU’s for time spent volunteering.
• Build a Professional Network - Build your professional network by forging lasting relationships with other chapter volunteers and professionals.
• Gain Skills and Experience - Develop and sharpen vital new skills, including leadership, collaboration, and team-building techniques.
• Develop as a Leader - Take advantage of opportunities to develop your personal leadership skills while making a lasting difference in your profession, your community, and your life.
• Giving Back - Invest your time and energy in Volunteering opportunities and it’s possible to get more out than you put in. Don’t take our word for it, hear what our current and past cohorts of volunteers say here