Members of the UK branch of PMI join a vibrant, inclusive project management community and have access to stimulating events and meetings held throughout the United Kingdom. Amidst a long list of benefits, these events serve to keep members up-to-date with their PM knowledge, while also providing unique and rewarding networking opportunities. PMI UK gives members the chance to learn from other project managers, and can offer help to those striving to maintain or make progress toward professional qualifications.
What is PMI membership?
In a word: DEDICATION.
A PMI membership signals to the world that you’re serious about your project management career. It shows that you’re committed to your own professional development. It highlights your dedication to employers, colleagues, and stakeholders, giving you an edge in the job market.
Our research shows that 2/3 of project managers are employed via contacts. Membership is an invaluable way to make these contacts in project management.
When you become a PMI member, you'll gain access to knowledge, networks and resources that can help you to improve your work and advance your career in project management. Membership means you'll be recognized as someone who is:
- Committed to your professional and personal development
- Enthusiastic about good practices in project management
- Dedicated to practicing your profession in an ethical manner
Benefits of PMI membership
All of the above factors give you an edge in the job market and distinguish you to employers, colleagues and stakeholders. When you join PMI, You'll receive significant benefits offered only to members, including:
- Exclusive resources and information via the PMI.ORG website — including the insightful publication, PM Network®, as well as access to communities of like-minded peers
- A downloadable edition of PMI global standards, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)
- Knowledge sharing and networking opportunities with PMI chapters across the globe
- Online access to business and project management books and articles
- Articles on the Knowledge Shelf, written by your peers and reviewed by a panel of practitioners to help you practice project management more effectively
- Leadership and volunteer opportunities to further your experience and expertise
- Access to a library of webinars addressing project management trends, best practices, how-to-guides, and much more
- You'll also save money. As a member, you’ll receive discounts on the cost of credential exams, educational and networking events, and professional development courses. When you buy books, papers, and other items at the PMI Marketplace, you'll receive special members-only pricing.
Organisations employing project managers can benefit from reduced risk, global consistency, global standards, and innovation from the Project Management Institute – an organisation which had 290,000 members in 160 countries as of 2009. The Project Management Institute is the global professional association for project programme or portfolio managers and PMO officers. PMI UK is the United Kingdom branch.
PMI UK Officers have extensive experience in leveraging the benefits of PMI for organisations employing large groups of project managers—for example, as part of a strategy to enhance project management competence. Contact the Director of Outreach via our Contact us page to arrange a discussion.
The worldwide standards available from the Project Management Institute include standards for best practice in project management, programme management, portfolio management, and organisational project management maturity assessment and development. These standards support organisations in achieving consistency and excellence in project management practice, by offering a standard project management terminology and economies of scale in the development of project management competence. Additionally, the PMI local branch network offers a community of practice for those who are active in project management.
PMI offers independent and unbiased benchmarks for the assessment of competence for project staff through the following certifications: Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM®), Project Management Professional (PMP®), and Program Management Professional (PgMP). Read more on the Professional Qualifications page.
PMI has a lot to offer you at every stage of your career. Whether you're just starting out, building upon years of experience, or advancing to high levels of responsibility and leadership – PMI has a membership plan that’s right for you.