This session will explore the strategic nature of benefits realization management. Starting with an overview of good practices, the session includes a benefits realization case study to show how the practices can be applied within projects and programmes.
Project Management topics covered:
- PMI’s Value of Project Management, Pulse of the Profession® and Thought Leadership Series® research related to benefits realization management.
- Key terminology related to BRM from PMI’s Benefits Realization Management: A Practice Guide with an example of the terminology applied within a programme.
- A case study linking organizational strategy, programmes (benefits), projects (outcomes and outputs).
Video Link to Webinar Recording
About Stephen Townsend
Stephen Townsend is PMI’s Director for Network Programs. In this capacity, he leads special program initiatives for the Institute that include:
- Serving on the U.K.’s Project X research consortium steering committee in support of the Benefits Realization Management research stream;
- Exploring how organizations are enhancing and re-inventing their value delivery capabilities;
- Producing materials to help U.S. federal government agencies implement requirements associated with the Program Management Improvement Accountability Act; and
- Leading the PMBOK® Guide – Seventh Edition transformation work-stream.
Stephen has worked within PMI since 1999 in the areas of member services; chapter/community relations; business/government relations; strategic alliance; and global development.