PMI UK London Event: Navigating Through the Fog of Complexity. 22nd November 2023
- Research indicates that the business environment has now become so complex now that we lack the cognitive skills to fully absorb the mass of information that is in front of us each day.
- Making the right decision at the right time and being confident that we have done so, is becoming increasingly stressful and difficult.
- We often face unintended consequences, making the future hard or impossible to predict and plan for.
- We make plans that don’t work and develop strategies that become obsolete long before they are realized.
- Comprehensive research from the World Economic Forum found that the ability to handle complexity is now the most sought-after quality in employees across industries all over the world.
- Complexity in business is increasing - and is here to stay. This session will discuss the problem…and what we can do to address it.
- 5:45 pm - Registration, refreshments and networking
- 6:30 pm - Introduction and Presentation
- 7:30 pm - Q&A Session and wrap up
- 8:00 pm - Close
Speaker: Steve Butler
Steve has worked with organisations such as the Financial Conduct Authority, Dyson, Allen & Overy, Credit Suisse, Barclays Wealth, HSBC, the FT, the NHS, Vodafone, Orange, Gazprom, Zurich Insurance and Old Mutual Wealth – and with the PMI.
Was on the core committee which wrote both the 3rd and the 4th editions of the PMI Standard for Portfolio Management and co-authored the companion practice guide as well as other books such as The Handbook for Project Portfolio Management.
Was on the governance board that created the Portfolio Management Professional certification (PfMP), and sits on the global assessment panel for PfMP applicants
A regular speaker at events and universities all over the world, he holds a Masters Degree in Strategic Management and is in the process of completing his PhD, researching for a dissertation entitled "Complexity and its Impact on Portfolio Delivery".
|Event Date||22-11-2023 5:45 pm|
|Event End Date||22-11-2023 8:00 pm|
|Cut off date||21-11-2023 6:00 pm|
|Location||University of Westminster|