As the leading global professional body for project management, the Project Management Institute (PMI) is uniquely positioned to represent the interests of its members, both individuals and companies. In our constant quest to remain relevant to our members, one of the areas that PMI has focused on has been talent management. Some of our research on this subject can be found here.
Here in the UK, the PMI UK Chapter would like to leverage our position as trusted partner to bring together experienced project management practitioners from across sectors and industries and connect them with our corporate partners for mutual benefit. Accordingly, PMI UK has arranged a Careers Forum details of which are as follows:
Event: PMI Careers Forum
Date: Thursday, 29 September 2016
Venue: United Grand Lodge of Freemasons, 60 Great Queen St, London WC2B 5AZ
Time: 15:00hrs onwards.
Here are some facts about our members that might be of interest to you:
- There are 7,000 PMI members in UK (of whom half have taken PMI UK membership) and a further 4,000 holders of PMI certifications. This amounts to a contactable database of 11,000.
- A quarter of PMI UK members are Director/Portfolio level executives and a further 40% are senior practitioners (Senior Project / Programme managers / Consultants).
- A quarter of our members are women.
- 16% of our members are under the age of 35.
We would like to offer you the opportunity to participate at the PMI Careers Forum and to promote your organization as an employer of choice. We are pleased to offer you the following opportunities:
- A 30-minute presentation slot to showcase project management careers at your organization. It is not critical that you promote current vacancies, this is more about the culture, competencies you expect of your workforce as well as tips on the application, interview process etc.
- A 30-minute presentation opportunity to position project management as an inspiring career choice. We have a range of themes that we are happy to share with you.
- A stall/booth to promote your organization as the employer of choice.
Given the context of the economic climate we all operate in, PMI will not place any financial burden on your organization’s participation and will offer these opportunities free of charge.
If you are agreeable in principle to proceed on this basis, we are very keen to work with you to flesh out this proposition to ensure mutual benefit.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07933 795 796